Subscribe

Thursday, October 07, 2010

12 - 9 = 3

For the month of September, I was in residency at an arts colony called The Yard (on Martha's Vineyard) making a new dance called The Great World Spins. I got to spend the entire month in a beautiful place with free rehearsal space and wonderful dancers at my disposal. While there, I got an email inviting me to show something live in New York, on a mixed bill with a great collection of other choreographers, later this fall:
November 4-7 at West End Theater



Double click on poster for details.

So we're working now on a trio version of Great World, with 2 of the 3 dancers pictured in the slideshow above. I'll miss the 12-person cast that danced in the September shows at The Yard: 4 interns, and 5 community dancers - including one aged 13 and one aged 76. That group helped make Great World a wonderful, kaleidoscopic dance of life - and the end of life.

But the remaining 3 professional dancers, more or less based in NYC, were central to the piece - and with them I'll re-create a smaller WORLD for the Soaking WET show: 12 - 9 = 3! Come see it!

No comments: