Subscribe

Friday, September 10, 2010

All Over the WORLD/A Special Day

My dance films are showing all over the place (see below) but I want to crow a little about one in particular: In Sao Carlos, Brazil on August 20, as part of the fourth edition of the Sao Carlos International Videodance Festival, there was a "Special Session," celebrating...ME! 

The program reads: Dedicated to another great partner, as a sign of gratitude for her constant and brilliant presence. It was an all-Renzi program, a screening of the 7 dance films I've submitted to Sao Carlos since 2007. I heard this via email from the Festival producer: 

The audience loved it, and everyone that hadn´t seen your videos in the previous editions for some reason, were really touched by your work. The session was one of the most commented on in the entire festival. Im definitelly taking this program on the festival tour until 2011. Congratulations on your work, I´m glad to have you with us.

Those Brazilians have very fine taste. Screening elsewhere: 
Where the Dance Is 
October 24 
New Jersey State Film Festival Cape May, NJ 

Texas Plates
October 15 
Dance & Camera, ODC Theater San Francisco, CA 

Nobody's Darling and My Feral Valentine
November 22-27 
FRAME Festival of Video Dance Porto, Portugal 

And since none of us made it to Sao Carlos, here are the 7 works submitted over the past 4 years: 
Cold SpellConsidering an Exhibition; Cottonwood, Bamboo & Poison Ivy; Incident at Chekhov Creek; 3 Speed; My Feral Valentine and Nobody's Darling

Those 7 shorts cover a pretty interesting range of environments, characters and moods, if I do say so myself. On the filmography page you can take a quick look at all of the trailers ...meanwhile, here's the one for Incident at Chekhov Creek. 

No comments: