Subscribe

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Live at a Theater Near You!

There's a lot of talk in here about all of the short films I make, but occasionally I still get to make - and show! - live dances. Arthur Aviles and Tina Vasquez are dancing Nobody's Darling again, for one night only.
Please come see it as part of DanceNOW in a showcase of short dances by a dozen choreographers.

Saturday, September 11, 7:30 p.m.

I'll be slamming back to NYC that weekend myself, from a month-long residency at The Yard on Martha's Vineyard. Over the summer, via email and phone, I've been recruiting a local cast of performers of all ages, who will be joined by Yard interns and 3 professional dancers to make a "community dance." 

This is one of my favorite ways to work: a made-to-order story where I don't pre-plan much, because it would only inhibit what this particular group of people might discover about itself in one intensive month. And as for favorite places to work: Martha's Vineyard in September has to be pretty high on the list.

No comments: