Subscribe

Thursday, August 23, 2007

2 Ways to see THAW

Months ago, an image of swans from a recent videodance - THAW - was posted here, but I haven't made the video itself available on the blog yet. Now you have two chances to see it:



1. Log on to
  • www.digifestival.net
  • take a look at some of the entries in this online international festival, and see if THAW doesn't hold up pretty well in the Movies category. If you like what you see, go ahead and vote. It's not my favorite way to share work because there's no live feedback, but it's easy to do from home. (I personally was amused with the short LAPSE in the VideoArt category; in the same category, I hope you'll take a look at my friend Elena Tajo's piece MOMMY DOLL GETS OLD.)

    2. Attend the performance "Dragon's Egg at the Construction Company" in NYC on Sunday, September 16th at 2:00 pm. It's part of a concert of dance, theater and film, celebrating The Dragon's Egg, a wonderful studio in Ledyard, Connecticut where half of THAW was shot. Although I'm not presenting any live dancing - I rarely do these days - I'll be there in person. Also on the program will be the work of seven other artists, including Clare Byrne, Ellen Cornfield, Sharon Estacio and Nancy Havlik.

    No comments: