Subscribe

Friday, January 13, 2012

This Just In!











YEAR MAKE & MODEL is a Director's Choice selection of 

For over 30 years the Festival has been acclaimed for advocating, supporting and widely exhibiting fresh short works up to an hour in length by emerging as well as by veteran independent film and videomakers.

This is the second consecutive year Renzi work has been selected for inclusion in Black Maria's touring series. Last year's 2011 line-up featured WHERE THE DANCE IS, my 16-minute doc on Doug Elkins @ Beacon School.

(Long-time fans may remember that Renzi & Black Maria first linked up in many many many years ago - 1989 to be exact - to screen my second PBS half-hour videodance, MOUNTAINVIEW, made in collaboration with John Sayles.)

I share my laurel wreath with the Rhode Island College Dance Co. students - including Cassie Murdock, pictured above - who created it with me LAST January in under a week from audition to wrap!
Wait, where IS my laurel wreath?

No comments: