Subscribe

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy Old Year!

The year 2011 was very good to me. Thanks to arts presenters in the fine state of Rhode Island I was essentially commissioned to make two dances - one shot in a car repair shop and one performed live in the woods.
Also in 2011 YEAR MAKE & MODEL was screened in festivals in the US and abroad, along with last year's short AQUA BOOTY.
And July 2011 saw a shoot of my latest dance film, with trio material developed by 3 men in a few weeks of sweaty rehearsals. Sensual and lyrical, BROTHERS KEEPER has already got some screening dates set up for the new year.
March 14th
Dance Films @ The Flea, NYC
February 16-18
Congress on Research in Dance 2012 Special Topics Conference
Meanings and Makings of Queer Dance
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Now, as the year ends - on New Year's Eve in fact! - we're shooting a new project danced by Ching-I Chang and Jenny Tortorello. Framed against views of beautiful cast iron buildings outside 890 Broadway, I expect the footage will afford me many happy hours of editing in 2012.
What better way to ring out the old and ring in the new!

No comments: