Subscribe

Thursday, December 06, 2007

THE HARD SELL

(Because this is a hard sell, you'll get the pitch first, followed by the rationale.) 

The Pitch
 For any contribution of $25 or more, you will receive a handsome box of greeting cards, with a dozen color images from past and future dance videos: BRICKTOWN, CHEKHOV, THE WELCOME TABLE, TENDERNESS, and PORCH STORIES. (Click on the button at the end of this post to preview these images drawn from 2 years of recent work.) 
You can make your contribution to AND DANCERS, INC. by using the handy "donation" button on the right-hand side of this page. 
Or you can mail it to me at: 
And Dancers, Inc. 
12 Castle Heights Avenue 
Nyack, NY 10960 

The Rationale
The rationale usually includes proof that your contribution is needed, or that the recipient is worthy. Both are true. 

As to worthiness, this has been a productive year for me: 
February 
 The 7-minute dance video THAW was completed, and has been screened several times since, most recently at FRAME 2007 in Porto, Portugal 
June 
A sweaty residency at Garnerville Arts & Industrial Center, with a memorable performance, leading to the completion of BRICKTOWN, a 12-minute video featuring the music of Erik Friedlander, now being submitted to various film festivals. August 
My "video camp" experience at MediaNet in Victoria, British Columbia where I participated in a workshop called Dance for the Camera. I haven't turned in my book report yet, because I'm still working on the two short studies I made there. If you'll allow me an extension, I hope to have them blog-ready by 2008. November 
On a glorious weekend in early November, we shot my latest dance/narrative, tentatively called AT CHEKHOV CREEK. Shooting it was a dream, with the same crew as PORCH STORIES, and a cast that featured long-time Project Co. collaborators Marta Miller and Robert Sorrentino - as well as actor David Strathairn. 

 As to need, a laundry list will suffice: 
more memory for the computer on which I edit all this work entry fees for film festival submissions additional (deferred) pay for cast & crew of CHEKHOV printing of the lovely greeting cards themselves a fund that will allow for not-so-shoestring productions, including more rehearsal time pre-production You get the idea. You've probably been generous to me in the past, and if you've read this far, that alone is a kind of generosity. 

Thanks for being there. 
Say good night, Gracie.

No comments: