Subscribe

Saturday, September 10, 2022

In brief

A pod first for me: I was a guest on Creative Confidential: The Podcast for Creators, hosted by Judith Kampfner. I don't dare listen to it yet, but Jude was a smart, generous, lively (and flattering) interlocutor in our conversation. So there's that. Check out Episode #24.

BRONX MAGIC has been accepted into 5 festivals to date. It's very interesting to me who does and who doesn't get it. Yes from Frame x Frame in Houston - no from one called "Dare to Dance in Public" - ???



The screening at Hopper House last month (see below) was a huge success - a lovely summer night, a capacity crowd, an intelligent conversation with Laura Harrison, who began by sharing recommendations written for my Bogliasco application 10 years ago. I blushed to hear the high praise - which also served as a great introduction to what my work is all about. The next retrospective is at Compartimiento Cinematografico in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico on September 27th at 7:00. A slightly different line-up, and a tiny venue.

At my age, it's all retrospective! Actually some of it is prospective - we're showing a new live trio the day before I leave for Mexico: Manufacturing Work, the result of my deciding to spend more time developing movement before shooting it. After its live outing at a showcase at University Settlement in NYC, we'll do a film version of it ten days later in a converted factory in West Haven, Connecticut. You'll be the first to know how it turns out.










No comments: